Saturday, January 22, 2011

plans and ideas

My fabric for the baby quilt - a bundle of Erin McMorris' weekends - arrived. So did the Innocent Crush. I couldn't be more pleased with both! Lovely fabrics. Innocent Crush I think I love more, but you have to laugh at the little bikes and lollipop flowers in the Weekends line. So cute!

I'm starting on the baby quilt tonight. Since my off day is cut in half tomorrow (I have to work in the morning...and then on my half day on Wednesday...), I'm starting after work.

I'm doing the "rectangle squared" pattern from Film in the Fridge (can you tell I love her blog?), because it seems easy to quilt (this one by hand, too) and I love working with easy, square shapes. Of course, wonkiness is fun, too...but for the time constraints, I think this is best. As soon as I get the top quilted somewhat (I'm thinking a quilt around 45"x45"), I'm headed up to Joann's to purchase some goodies.

With my income tax this year, I've decided to do two things: buy new tires, and finally get some of those sewing notions I've never had (and probably needed). Such as rotary cutter, cutting mat, and acrylic ruler! My mom always cut things with scissors and templates of card stock, so I always did that, too. So my list, at the moment, is : some handquilting thread (for the baby quilt, for the Innocent Crush quilt), a rotary cutter, a mat, an acrylic ruler, several yards of Kona in White (because that's the main color I use), and several variations of blue (for a quilt for my boss, using QAYG technique).

I ALSO took the liberty of ordering myself a cute little pincushion, made with Moda Wonderland's Snip Snip in glass. I felt like it was time for a new one :)

Off to work, and to plan! Then for some quilty goodness! Have a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment