Monday, January 10, 2011

And so it begins

But not without having an awesome off day pass by, wherein I accomplish many things:


- Sewed three new blocks for my QAYG log cabin (yellow, brown, aqua)

- Basted forty or sew hexies

- Watched Sleepy Hollow (again) and put up the Christmas decorations

- Cleaned up the apartment a little (and managed to put back all fabric pulled out)...

- Took the boyfriend for dinner and enjoyed a nice, quiet evening :)


And this week, luckily, I have a half day! I think that I'll be taking a trip to Joann's up in Webster for some more batting and some coordinate fabrics, preferably dots and stripes in basic colors ... though I'll most likely take along my Heather Ross fabrics and see what matches up where, and take a small amount of those.

I also plan to FINALLY finish my "couch" quilt ... I need to piece the backing and quilt it, but I have so much 80/20 batting that I don't need to buy any! It's all in the house! I've just been too lazy to actually do it ... and lucky for me I have a wonderful mother who has mad handquilting and binding skills, which I do not yet possess. And when you want a quilt bound fast (faster than a speeding bullet! quilt in a single bound! or at least a couple hours), who better than her?

I also plan to put some pictures on this darn blog...I've got them saved, but I'm a "procrastinator" and I tend to put things off. But there will be pictures! I swears it.
Off to work now! Later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment