Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crafty Goals of 2011

I normally don't make "resolutions" every new year. I think that the pressure to succeed in a year's time occasionally prevents me from doing so.

But I do make goals. Sometimes I reach them, and sometimes not. If I can scratch five items from a ten item list, I'm a happy camper! It means I'm making progress. So I decided to write myself a list of "crafty" goals for the year 2011!

1. Finish Hexagon Quilt Top. While this is certainly the most time-consuming project I've got on hand, it's also been something I can go back to regularly due to it's portability. It's been great fun, and I can't wait to see it quilted and finished! Although I'm only 1/4 of the way through...

2. Quilt & Bind my "Bird/Couch" quilt. I finished the top some time ago, but have been too lazy (and interested in other projects) to finish the quilting. It's meant to go on the couch...hence the name!

3. Finish Q-A-Y-G Log Cabin! I've only just started, but this project has gone by so quickly that I don't think it's going to be too long before it's finished. It's so easy to sit for an hour or two and whip up a couple blocks!

4. Get started on my Far Far Away quilt. I'm still debating on whether or not to order those last few prints from the original Far Far Away - pretty, pretty snails - and I'd like some more "foundation" pieces (i.e. dots/stripes in monochromatic schemes) before I really start making blocks. But even if it's not finished this year, it'll be nice to see some progress.

5. Buy a fat quarter bundle of Heather Ross' new line! I saw one of the prints from it yesterday - "Girl Playing with Horses" - and I think it's cute. I was kind of hoping for more princesses (I know, I'm boring), but I love horses all the same :). I have to admit my curiosity is peaked to see what else is going to be in the collection!

5. Try my hand at one bag or clutch, at least. For that matter, try my hand at any kind of project that includes or requires fusible interfacing!!!

So there you have it; my quilty, crafty aspirations. I'm super excited for this year, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment