Tuesday, January 25, 2011

and sometimes it's tuesday

And you are at work, and there are lovely hexagons to be basted, and you are very, very cross.

...

Well, not extremely cross. How can one be cross, when they just ordrered a jelly roll of Momo's Wonderland? The perfect addition to a hexagon quilt and fabric stash in general? As you may know (or you may not), Alice in Wonderland is quite possibly my favorite childhood tale (seconded by The Last Unicorn, which was fantastic). How could I resist?...

But that one won't be here for another week, in my estimation. In the meanwhile, I've put myself on a strict schedule of basting thirty hexies a day! I've got a bunch of new fabric in - so I have plenty of 2.5" squares to cut - and there's more to come, so I'm forcing myself to perform this most tedious task. (Actually, the most tedious is cutting out hexie shapes, which I leave to my wonderful friend who enjoys it very much. One day, when it's finished, I'll embroider all our names on it - and she shall live in infamy!) That way, I figure in a month or so I ought to have them all done - sooner, if I can get my butt in gear.

That's all for this short post. I have hexies to baste!

No comments:

Post a Comment