Thursday, January 20, 2011

I am now swimming in it

Fabric, that is. My packages came in the same day I wrote my last post! Even though I had to wait to run home, when my backup came in at five ...

and then run a delivery ...

and then take care of some other stuff when I got back ...

I finally managed to OPEN my packages at seven-thirty (it is TORTURE to wait that long), and I couldn't be happier! I'm officially in love with Modern Meadow. So much in love that I've decided the only thing to do with it, rightfully, is to make a big, queen-size quilt with it.

I've already decided on a pattern and worked out the blocks. Have you seen Film in the Fridge's "Rubik's Crush"? It's going to be like that - not exactly, since there was no pattern, but I think I worked out the measurements somewhat. Of course, I've decided to try it several times with scrap fabrics and see how that goes first!

I ordrered some more of the line (15 more pieces), since I intend to have it in its entirety. After they arrive, I'm only missing 5 of the Handpicked Daisies (excluding Grass), Acorn Chain in Maple, and Napsack in Berry and Lake.

But that project, as much as I am excited for it, is on the backburner until I finish a friend's baby quilt! The fabric is on the way (along with some delicious INNOCENT CRUSH) and I'm psyched to get started on it :)

In the manner of quilts already started ... I began quilting my couch quilt, and after doing a few lines, I ... HATED IT. It didn't look the way I wanted it to at all, and I must have basted it incorrectly, because it kept bunching. Not the machine's fault, but mine, so I decided to start over ... I got out a little quilting hoop, and began hand-quilting each square. So far, I love the look. I know I'm not nearly as fast or efficient a hand-quilter as my mom, but I think I did okay. Pictures when I'm not lazy anymore!

It's that time again - work! - but I'll return later!

No comments:

Post a Comment