Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Four thirty here I come

It's silly how excited I am. But at home ... rather, at my mother's home ... there are eight! yes, eight! packages of fabric waiting for lil' old ME.

I broke down the other day and bought some fabric I'd been wanting for awhile. I'd been sticking to only charm packs ... but I desperately wanted some of the following, and so I bought it:

1. Fat Quarter bundle of Innocent Crush in Charmed Pallete - I love, love, LOVE all the blues and subdued purples. I really do. So this one was a must :)

2. Fat Quarter bundle of Erin McMorris' Weekends - This one, actually, is for a baby quilt I'm making for a friend at work. I figured the pinks and greens and purples and cute details were perfect for her little girl - and now that I know the name, I'm going to embroider it on there!

3. Custom Fat Quarter Bundle from Fabricworm - Little Miss Alice. You may not know this, but I'm a HUGE fan of Alice in Wonderland, and I am also a huge fan of red, grey, and black together. So this was a perfect set of colors for me, and I snatched it up quicker than you can say "How Curious!"

4. Some Joel Dewberry, Modern Meadow - I wanted some of the herringbone fabrics, and then I realized, as I looked at the whole line, how awesome a quilt it could be. I'm still deciding on how I want to piece it - no small squares, for instance, I want the "picture" prints to be very visible - but I'm sure it'll be lovely.

5. Some Hope Valley - I only bought three or four prints, but I felt like they would be excellent additions to my stash.

6. Vintage Sheets! - I've always admired the vintage sheets that are trending the blogs now-a-days. I love the muted colors, the soft, watercolor feel of the visual. And aside from the "Little miss alice" fabrics above, I've wanted to make an "Alice in Wonderland" quilt with a little embroidery - and I feel like these muted colors will do the trick. So I bought them :)

7. Some Vintage Sheet Charm Packs - I got these to add to my Alice quilt, of course! Twenty pieces to a package, all different, was too great to pass up :)

I definitely made some purchases, didn't I? Now let's see how I'm going to explain to my poor boyfriend, who's already dubious about the closet full of craft stuff I have, how I needed these new fabrics? Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment