Wednesday, March 2, 2011

wednesday's child is full of woe

for her poor knees, which are, as my mother likes to put it, "just about wore out". The result of constant sewing, literally running about (a no-no for me), and too much driving. If I were a smart girl, I'd go to the doctor and them looked at (they should not hurt this much at this age, but a car accident and a nasty fall later, and there you go). But I'm not a smart girl, so I'm gonna go to lunch instead.

I didn't finish the boyfriend's quilt. I realized, somewhere around friday night, that me actually "finishing" the top (even though it's QAYG), backing it, binding it, and adding those few quilted touches, was impossible to do by Tuesday. Even if I sewed my machine into oblivion. So I finished ten blocks, lined them up all nice, and showed him my work so far. He liked it! I'm glad. And I hope he had a happy birthday even though I'm a weird, weird girlfriend :)

And now I'm off to eat lunch, change clothes, pick up my brother, watch a movie, and do all those lots of things I do when I'm off and supposed to be not doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment