Friday, March 25, 2011

String Quilt As I Go

I had a brilliant idea. I'm not sure if it will brilliantly work yet, but I still think of it as "brilliant".

I was looking at String Quilts - the pattern fascinates me, I love them. I think they're awesome.

And I want to do something equally awesome for my friend's wedding quilt. Sapphires and Emeralds; the perfect melding of colors, just like this perfect melding of these two people, who are so alike and so well put together.

I was initially going to do a log cabin. QAYG. But I've already got two of those kinds of blocks put together, and honestly, they're boring me to death. Or at least to tears. And the constant sewing sewing sewing before you get to turn to another piece of fabric might drive me mad. I love the way the blocks look when they're done, but it's a process that requires patience.

So I'm going to try it String Quilt style. We'll see how it goes. It's virtually the same process, and I've already got all the fabric cut into strips. Maybe I'll alternate the blues and emeralds; we'll see how it looks. But I'm already excited, and I may just spend the night cutting out more strips of white fabric, you never know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment