Friday, March 25, 2011

the friday recap.

Had a pretty good week so far!

- Finally broke down and bought a fat quarter bundle of Castle Peeps (after being inspired by 1001 Peeps, which I am SO BUYING). I'm excited for them to come in! I even bought extra of the "peeps" fabrics so that I could make a hexie of each one!

- Also bought the entire line of Little Folks Voile in Fat Quarters. Just like my innocent crush quilt, I intend to use them in a string quilt. I'm not sure what I want to back it with yet ... most likely a voile or soft flannel...but we'll see. It's definitely a "must" be is also on the backburner until some of the other projects (at least four) are finished!

- Made some progress on the baby quilt for little Emma. I cut out some 1.5" strips, and started sewing them to the other strips. I just need to cut out ... what seems like a billion more! I need to have it finished by the 10th of April, so I need to concentrate on this first!

- Found some beautiful, gorgeous, dark, royal blues and deep emeralds for my best friend's wedding quilt. I started cutting them out last night, and I'm not done yet, but my next goal is to have at least 10 to 15 of the Batting Squares set up for sewing. I even bought "Ocean" blue and "Kelly" green thread to quilt with - I'll alternate blocks with the thread.

- Picked up some more perle 8 cotton at Joann's. I seriously love this stuff. The ones I got this time were variegated - pink, red, blue, green, yellow, and brown :)

- Continued to sew some more on my hexagon quilt, but my hands are achey! Plus, it's not one of the four major projects, so into the box it goes for now.

- Did a little more work on my boyfriend's quilt, although his has kind of taken a backseat too. I feel bad - didn't I mean to have it done by now? Oops!


I'm off to plan a party for tonight! Wish me luck - this one's a doozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment