Saturday, March 19, 2011

so make like a bee and get busy

Or go find flowers, or some such.

This has been such a ridiculously busy week I'm still reeling. Spring break + workin in the restaurant business = exhaustion. And we're not done yet; we've still got at least tonight to get through and possibly tomorrow, although if it truly IS only Spring Break for this week, then we'll most likely be slower then.

In between such things, I've been working on quilts as well:

- Patched together more rows for my hexagon quilt.
- Basted at least 100 more hexies and cleaned up the box of hexies yet-to-baste.
- Bought a queen-size, warm + natural batting at Hobby Lobby and cut it into 12" squares.
- Planned at least 10 more blocks for my boyfriend's QAYG log cabin!
- Set aside the next ten blocks I want to work on for MY Heather Ross QAYG log cabin!

Looking at postage stamp quilts online, especially quilts inspired by pictures, I got an idea for a quilt in my head. When I was a kid, I read comics religiously - and Kurt Wagner aka Nightcrawler from the X-Men was always my favorite! I want to make a postage stamp quilt with the color scheme of his uniform and some pictures of him - I even found the perfect backing!!!

But I can't - and won't! - work on it until I'm done with my friend's baby quilt and my boyfriend's quilt.

So my goals this week are:

- Cut out 1.5" x 22" strips of white solid for Emma's baby quilt.
- Start piecing the quilt together.
- Quilt at LEAST one block a night of the boyfriend's quilt so that it gets done faster :)
- Get my craft stuff organized!

I've got my work cut out for me for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment