Monday, March 21, 2011

IDEA; "Nightcrawler" Postage Stamp Quilt.

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I've been reading comics since I was a kid. I love them. And while I haven't read nearly as many as I should in recent days, I love looking up my favorites on Wikipedia and keeping up with the news.

Just as much as some girls might have a favorite band or idol or movie, I have a favorite comic character - Nightcrawler! ( I'm a dork, right? I know. It's a terrible burden, to be a geek...)

He's been my favorite for years. He was introuced as one of the new X-Men in the seventies - a religious man who looks like a demon, his powers include teleporting and blending in with the shadows. I've always loved his coloring - it varies from artist to artist, and in the below picture it's a rather dark grey-ish blue, but it's usually a very bright, royal blue. His uniforms are the same - blue, black, white, and, of course, red.


I saw several postage stamp quilts online, and I thought that this pattern -easy to do and quick - would be a wonderful way to showcase this color scheme, one of my favorites. And a quote from Nightcrawler on the back - still undecided - won't hurt either. :)This is my color scheme. Lots of varying blues, with a couple reds, some yellows, black and ivory thrown in - I'm also including some prints, including Anna Maria Horner's "Maybe" in Indigo (one of my favorite prints EVER, hands down!) All of the above are Kona solids (including one Quilter's linen, in Teal).

I have a little ways to go before I can start on this officially - but I'm incredibly excited, and I know it's going to be an awesome finish that's totally worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment