Tuesday, May 10, 2011

tuesday and happenings

I wish I could come up with some very catchy words for my blog post titles. I'm just not very inspired by titles. Maybe I'll be a smart kid and stick with phrases or song lyrics, if I can remember any.

In any case, this has been a very busy weekend...


- Mother's Day came and went. I worked many hours, all weekend, and am now very glad that it's over and that there's no holiday this Sunday.

- I busted my butt and tried to finish the hand-quilting on my donation quilt, but I'm still working on it as we speak. I didn't realize the deadline had changed from Thursday to Tuesday PM, so I'm really in a bind today! (No pun intended, but that's kind of ironic consider I need to bind the damn thing, also). I'll be glad to cross this one off the list!

- Pulled out all my fabrics for my friend's Wedding Quilt, and with any luck I'll be started tomorrow.

- Cleaned my dad's house! Kind of. I washed the laundry! Sometimes I don't know how my mom managed it all - then again, she wasn't trying to do the major overhaul of the house we were, but I bet she would have been able to complete that better, too.

- Got five more "Far Far Away" Fat Quarters in! I -love- this line. The double gauze is precious. I'm only missing one print ... the snails in orange and pink, which I intend to buy in a week or so. I'm also loving the West Hill Frogs print that I bought (and plan to hoard)!

- I have more vintage sheet fat quarters on the way! I was so glad to see that there were more available in ironsea's shop - Jeni seriously has some of the best, prettiest fat quarters around! She even had some purple ones, which I HAD to snatch up! Other great sources for vintage sheet fat quarters are sosovintage and whimsiedots, both of which I love to buy from! I've got a bundle coming in from whimsiedots later this week :)

- The Lonely Island's new album, Turtleneck and Chain, comes out today!!! Can you guess where I'll be this afternoon? At Target. Buying it. And then, for the next forever, listening to it because if you could marry a band and not just a person I would marry the Lonely Island and live in their studio.

I think I'm going to put that picture of them on the album cover in my kitchen. <3<3<3


What are my goals for my off day?

- Clean my weird apartment. There are these millipede-things that are invading my lovely abode and I'm going to go Rambo on ALL OF THEM. Also need several air filters/light bulbs changed.
- Hit up the Super Duper Goodwill in Webster with my best bud and her fiance. I'm in the market for more vintage sheets!
- Finally take some of those non-useful, space absorbing things to Goodwill like I was supposed to. That includes several organizers/etc, books, and movies, because they are cluttering my small space UP!
- Complete five or six blocks on my friend's wedding quilt.
- Sew a couple blocks on my Innocent Crush quilt (six down; only 42 left to go! Sounds simple, right? Right?)
- Watch the Korean drama "You're Beautiful" in its entirety. Maybe that's a "this week" kind of thing, but seriously, if you love sappy, funny love stories, that's the one for you. Go Mi Nyeo is a nun-to-be in an orphanage, getting ready to leave for Rome. But she's contacted by the manager for the super-hot and super-popular group AnJell, whose new member - Go Mi Nam - happens to be her twin brother. Turns out that big brother got some minor plastic surgery with not-so-minor issues, so he's out for the month - and the manager wants HER to fill in. (Of course she falls in love with the band's surly, demanding leader, Hwang TaeKyung). Check it out on mysoju or dramafever!

Later days;)

No comments:

Post a Comment