Saturday, May 7, 2011

busy, like a bee

I love getting things accomplished. Cleaning the house - throwing away unnecessary things - making the house look neat, tidy, and much less cluttered. All of these things make me feel incredibly happy and fulfilled!

I left work around 9:30 p.m. last night and even though I'd been tired all day (and my allergies are really kicking my butt!), I decided to go to my dad's house and do some much-needed cleaning for my guys! I did a load of laundry (as much as I could), folded another load, cleaned up a plastic organizer for my little brother, washed and put away their dishes, and threw away another slew of things that I'll never use and -they'll- never use either. I'd been dreading going back over there - just because it seems like so MUCH, but once I did, and really started cleaning, I felt much betetr! And less tired, actually; my dad always says that "dreaded anticipation is worse than present actuality," and I have truth in that statement time and time again.

After my dad's house, I went home to my own - and started pulling out things I KNEW I wouldn't use, wasn't ever going to use. I kept a bunch of felt I'd bought - mainly because I do make needlebooks from time to time, and sometimes softies, and it's always useful to have on hand.

But I threw away some old fabrics that were cut up for a quilt I have no intention to make, and took all my paints out of my pretty Liberty of London boxes and put my vintage sheets there, instead. I really love the contrast of those two! I have another Liberty box I'm planning of taking the paint of, but that's a job for later.

I also ironed and neatly set up all of my strips for my Innocent Crush Strip Quilt, and cut out another twenty or so white strips for the centers of my blocks. It's a lot more inspiring than having them in a trash bag, that's for sure!

I even quilted on my donation quilt, which I should have been doing the whole time, but hey! I finished one block of quilting and started on another, and I hope to be done in the next few days and get this puppy bound.

My goals for today?
- Finish the rest of my laundry.
- Quilt at least two more blocks for my donation quilt.
- Pull fabrics for a needlebook, ala Sew She Sews tutorial here!
- Put up all that pesky laundry I haven't touched.
- Actually make the bed? I kind of have a "thing" about making beds - as in, I don't really ever do it, because it's a waste of time when I UNmake it - but I'm going to try so that my bedroom looks nice and pretty.
- For that matter, remember what's in those bags on the floor by the bed and either throw them away or put them away
- Go through my movies. Never gonna watch it again? Put it in the donation box!
- Actually GET a donation box.
- Indulge myself and sew a few more Innocent Crush string quilt blocks before I start on my bestie's wedding quilt!

Is that a list or what? Considering that I've got about ... three hours to do it, once I get off work, I'd say so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment