Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Words of Wisdom from a Skull

"It's really not so good to have time. Rush, scramble, desperation, this missed, that left behind, those others too big to fit into such a small space - that's the way life was meant to be. You're supposed to be too late for some things. Don't worry about it."

The Last Unicorn was my favorite movie as a child. And, honestly, it's my favorite book as an adult; beautiful written, a true fairy tale if there ever was one. And the quote above - spoken by the Skull - is one that's been in my head since I first perused it. Because isn't it true? We spend our lives rushing, running, and yet we're still late for so many things - but it's okay. It's okay to be late; sometimes, we all are.

I, for one, am late for several occasions! My boyfriend's birthday is in a week - literally a week - and I haven't finished or even begun a present for him. My gift is a quilt - but I think that, to accomplish this, I'm going to have to work every day and night on it! (I do not, I repeat, do not, have that kind of time). But I'm going to try anyway. Maybe he'll like it half finished :) The fact that it'll be quilt as I go makes it easier, but I'm still behind. His favorite color is green, so I'll be doing it in green - mostly solids, some plaids and some prints. Trying to keep it manly here :)

Tomorrow we're off to Joann's to gather solids for it - not too dark, nor too bright - and some more cotton batting so that the process can begin!

Here's to hoping I'm done in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment