Monday, November 29, 2010

it's a monday, what a monday

With Monday comes "monday" things. Like doing your payroll and a meeting and schedules and things that generally go under the category of "un-fun". I am particularly tired after my Thanksgiving vacation (and literally going straight to work right after coming home. Do not pass go, do not take a shower, do not take a nap).

But the week holds promise! Crafty promise, stitchy promise.

As far as hexagons go, I counted that I currently have 1,312 hexagons basted. Of those, around 300 are attached, and I think I still have around 180 hexie scraps waiting to be basted! I think that officially makes me the dorkiest person in the world? And I'm definitely adding to it, yessiree.

At the moment, I'm waiting on some fabric love: one of the last pieces of the Far Far Away I line (the dandelions in mint), a FQ of Erin Michaels' lush (painter's palette in villa) and some kei megumi sakakibara (I don't remember the name for this one, but there are horsies involved.) I'm also waiting on some selvedge. I saw a selvedge scarf by Josie of Ric Rac, and I wanted one of my own immediately! I used to have quite a bit of selvedge - I took it off of nearly every piece in my stash - but I used it on a purse, and some of it was tossed. Mine might be a little scrappier, but I think it'll do. :)

In Christmas news, I'm nearly done with my shopping. I've got presents for boyfriend, my dad and mom, my nieces, my sister-in-law, my older brother, a buddy, and the Secret Santa gifts for work. Now I just need a few more presents for the nieces, my boyfriend, and other three brothers and I'm good!

I'm off to finish my Monday things; have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment