Friday, November 19, 2010

Fridays = MEH.

I don't particularly like Fridays. They're busier than Mondays for me and they are a day away from my real "off day", so it takes FOREVER to pass by. And today is going to be busy enough.

Get up early to take my brother his french class dessert? That's the plan, Stan! Do I have deliveries coming in? Yes! Change the specials for the weekend? Why, sure! Take a delivery to a customer? No problem! Scheduling? Yes! Take the boss' ornery and defiant puppy on lots of walkies, knowing he's going to guilt me into playing more? Okay! Clean everything? Al-RIGHT! Yeaaaahhh, baby!

But I am off tomorrow. And the next day. And we are seeing Harry Potter and going to Renfest (my first time!) so everything will, hopefully, be hunky-dory.

Speaking of Hunky Dory, I ordered a charm pack of that and one of Momo's Odyssea (which I have always admired) to add to my hexagon quilt. It's coming along nicely - I sewed together about eleven more rows, and I set up about six or seven more rows to piece together when I get done with these.

Also put together a tenative design for my Heather Ross - Far Far Away quilt. I know I wanted to do 8 point stars, and I've decided that I want them wonky. The wonkier, the better. I'm going to have the main design be the center of each star, and every point on the star is going to be a color basic - dots, stripes, all monochromatic. I cut the selvedge from the prints that had it (with the exception of the double gauze fabrics, because I don't want them to fray before I'm ready to sew...) and I plan on putting it either on the binding or as a block on the quilt back, I'm not sure... we'll see.

Another problem I thought of was the "Pussycat and the Owl" prints. I decided to have only the pussycat and the owl be the center of the star, and to cut out my little moons and have them be part of their own little stars to compliment the larger ones. I just have to figure out the measurements now, and I think I'm set!

No comments:

Post a Comment