Monday, November 22, 2010

Great Weekend!

My best friend came down from college with her fiance, and we went to watch Harry Potter 7.1. It, was, as my little brother would say, "beast" (meaning good, I think, or epic) and I intend to see it again and then buy all the movies and watch them all in the same day. Maybe.

I showed her how to bind a quilt - while she worked on it, I made the binding for her and wrapped it up. She's really new to quilting, and prefers to work by hand. The colors she chose for her mini-quilt/table runner were a deep violet, turquoise, orange, and green. I wouldn't have picked them - in my brain, that combo screams NO NO NO NO - but it was actually really beautiful when she was done! I'm jealous - I'M supposed to be the artsy one in this duo :).

We took a day to go to the Texas Renaissance festival, too. 'Twas wonderful! I really enjoyed all of the sights, all of the little shops, everything. It made me want to be in costume, and I think I'd actually learn how to MAKE one so that the next year I go, I'm dressed and ready to impress!

Got in some new fabric for my hexagon quilt - Momo's Odyssea and Chez Moi's Hunky dory - all cut and ready to be basted. I've got 191 more hexies to baste, and that's not including the two charm packs I ordered Friday - Lila Tueller's Santorini (I work at a Greek restaraunt, how could I not? Also, those little olive prints: adorable!) and Keiki's "Tweet Tweet". I've kind of wanted that one for a while, I like the bold blues and browns and reds. I also managed to snag myself some little Cosmo Trefle prints in a mini charm pack - there's some Red Riding Hood, Pinnochio, Frog Prince, Emperor's New Clothes, Cinderella, and more, I think twelve prints in all. VERY EXCITED about those - I've wanted them for awhile, but had no reason to order an entire fat quarter of each.

Well, I'm off to work and such. And wait and wait for packages to arrive....

No comments:

Post a Comment