Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday. Eek!

I'm supposed to be off today. But we're having a "Greek Night" here; it's a pretty fun event we do every couple months or so. I like them, they're just a LOT of planning. The good thing is, the event is tonight so I can rest tomorrow :) In the midst of everything else, though, I've been: - Basting Hexagons - I'm down to about 150 to baste, although I'm waiting for four more charm packs today: Hullabaloo, Oh My!, Regent Street, and Lilac Hill. I already cut 2.5" squares from "Grace" and "Fa la la la". I love me some French General! - Getting some fabric love in the mail! The entirety of Anna Maria Horner's voile "Little Folks" joined my fabric stash this week. I'm completely in love! I can't wait to get some other quilts out of the way so I can start the string quilt I plan on making with that. - Adding a little more to my stash. Joining me this week were some cute Japanese prints, as well as some dobby dots from Little Folks, some more voiles, and the Mrs. Aster voile prints from Greenfield Hill (which I found on etsy! yum!) - Watching movies! I saw Jackass 3 (hilarious - yes, my sense of humor must be awful, but I think those guys are a riot), Insidious (seriously the scariest movie I've EVER seen - and without any need for gore), and Prowl (a straight-to-DVD movie that was actually kind of terrifying. Even my boyfriend said so, and he is not so easily impressed.) - Finally FOUND my DVD for "Earth Girls are Easy". If you have never seen this movie, you really must - how can you go wrong with a cast that includes Jeff Goldblum, Jim Carrey, Damon Wayans, Geena Davis, and Michael McKean? Sure, it's completely cheesy and weird, but any movie that has gratuitous shirtless shots of Jeff Goldblum is a WIN for me. Just sayin'. - Started on my best friend's wedding gift (blue-and-green string quilt) and my amiga Karla's baby quilt. I revamped the second one, mostly because the pattern I had chosen (Film in the Fridge's 'Rectangle Squared' pattern) was choosing to be a little to intensive for the time I've got left. If I was more proactive, I think it would be the pattern for me. Also, I've fallen in LOVE with string quilts, so why not? I've got cute plans for the back of this one, too :) So that's been my week. I plan to finish the top of the baby quilt this week, and hopefully get it quilted and bound by the day of the baby shower (Sunday). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment