Sunday, April 10, 2011

recap

It's been a good week! I had a great off day! And the rest of this week has been pretty productive, too! - Three of my packages came in. The last three ... I got in my charm packs, my Castle peeps, and three 1/2 yards of Mrs. Aster voiles! I love voile; it's so soft! - Picked up some horror movies at Fry's. The Pulse trilogy, The Lady in White (1988), and Deep Star Six. I've watched two of the five, and I can't wait to watch the other three :) - Got Keane's "Night Train"! Been looking for it everywhere! While it's not my favorite of the four albums of theirs I've got, it's still pretty good! - Finished five and a half blocks for Emma's baby quilt. I'm going to try to finish the other six and a half tonight! Then I just have to add the border and piece the (really simple) backing, and I can quilt this sucker! - Decided to take out all of the blah hexagons out of my quilt - I've bought a lot of charm packs, and some of the ones with a duskier palette tend to have these cream-colored prints or solids that just don't work for me in the bulk of the quilt. However, I think I'll still add them to the border I intend to make around it with white hexagons - there, I think, the creme might fit in! - I have about a hundred and forty hexies left to baste! Mind you, there are still some charm packs I want to purchase (Strawberry Fields, Jovial, Sherbet Pips, and a couple others)...and I intend to include some of the 1001 Peeps line and Heather Ross' new line ... but I've had this stack of hexies to baste for-e-ver, so I'm pretty psyched that I'm close! :) But even with all that done, there's still a LOT to do ... - Finish Emma's Baby Quilt. I'm shooting for at LEAST the top tonight! (And maybe the backing!) - Get ready and raring to go on the quilt I'm doing for a silent auction! The only stipulation? That it be bright! Somehow, I think that's doable :) - Do a few more blocks for the boyfriend's quilt. NO, I haven't finished yet... and he's beginning to feel a little neglected! Maybe, once I do all the fun stuff, I'll put away the three bags of laundry at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment