Thursday, December 23, 2010

it's only two sleeps away from Christmas

And I am, for the most part, done with it!

I think this is the only year of recent years I haven't been super stoked about Christmas. I was, of course, but now that I'm saddled with last-minute gift buying (and stress, and a ridiculous last-minute flu) I'm just about ready for it to be OVER.

But I did manage to accomplish some things at home with my ickyness. I finished my selvedge scarf - which is about 57", complete, by 7", and backed with a flannel pyjama pant from target! It's soft, not as drapable as a scarf usually is (but that's okay). I'm very excited to be able to use it (once it gets cold enough here, of course...)

I also broke down and ordered some more charm packs for my hexagon quilt. They were all on sale for $5.99 and $6.99, so how could I resist? Some of them were new - Hoopla, Central Park, Sunkissed, and Hideaway - and some of them were older: Half Moon (bought entirely for the "scissors" prints), Wee Woodland, and Freebird. There are a few others I intend to acquire, but for now, those are going to keep me plenty busy. I've got about 500 hexies pieced together - I'm going to make a piece that's approximately 22 rows and 22 columns, and have that be my "base". Then I'll just build around the sides of that until I'm done!

It's off to work now, and then I'm going to enjoy two holi-days of peace and family. Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment