Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wednesday

I have to say that, as proud as I am to be an American citizen and grateful for my freedom ... I am SO SO GLAD that fourth of July is over. I think nearly all of the folks who work in my neck of the woods in the tourism industry are glad. Summer itself is busy enough ... but fourth of July weekend is INSANE.

When thirty people are waiting outside, with the temperatures in the nineties and the humidity extremely high, and this isn't just for one restaurant but for nearly every restaurant along the Seawall, you know it's insane.

Although it's not like things slow down just because it's not a holiday. We've had a lot of things to do - work, of course, I'm working until Sunday.

There's also deliveries, and driving my little brother to and from his internship at eight in the morning, and driving my older brother home from work at 11 at night.

And baking cakes at 10:00 at night, too! (It was big brother's birthday yesterday. We baked him a chocolate cake and gave it chocolate icing and graffitied all over it with more icing, this time cookies and cream. We gave him said cake at 12:30 at night at a friend's house - secretly I think he loves it, however publicly he has said "You guys are evil" and to his friend "I told you they were gonna do this!")

But it DOES mean that the 13/14 hour days can stop, so I can move on to other pursuits now, such as ...


- the imminent completion of one Innocent Crush String Quilt! I've got twenty-eight more blocks to finish, which is just over half! I plan on doing at least three a night until I'm off on Sunday and then completing the rest then. Can't wait to finish it up and take lots and lotsa pictures :)

- Working on the boyfriend's long set aside quilt. I have a few ideas that I think will make its completion much easier. :)

- Cleaning my fridge (yuck) and washing the car (shiiizzz) cleaning my apartment (boo!) and putting up my laundry (whyyyy) and paying my bills (by selling a kidney) and generally being a Productive Member of Society.


- Possibly seeing Transformers. I was super excited about it until I realized my brothers had already seen it, and that my best friend had probably already seen it, which has taken my enthusiasm to watch it myself and shoved it down the drain. Oh, well. At least there's Harry Potter 7.

I'm back to my real job nao. Later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment